Fishing boots should warm up actively in winter, and in the off-season, withstand slush, mud and keep feet dry. In this article, we will tell you how to choose high-quality and comfortable shoes, in which you can wade, and on the ice, and on a boat.
Shore Fishing Boots
For such boots, the main requirements are that they must be comfortable on the foot and impervious to water. Lightweight options for warm weather are often made from breathable materials such as membrane fabric: they are suitable for high activity even in summer. Therefore, when spinning fishing, the leg will not sweat and you will not rub calluses from a long walk.
Boat Fishing Boots
Choose waterproof boots for boat fishing with a comfortable non-slip sole and a low shaft so that it does not interfere when fishing while sitting.
Wading Fishing Boots
For fishing from a silted bank, in dense vegetation or difficult conditions, wading and high boots are suitable. Such models are suitable if it is not possible to use a boat.
The upper part of wading boots is most often made of thin PVC, which will protect against water, but not against cold temperatures. Therefore, we recommend choosing a different shoe option for late autumn.
Winter Fishing Boots
For harsh winters, boots made of EVA, TPE, polyurethane foam, CR Flex-Foam, DEC and others are best suited. Such materials are specially designed for severe frosts (they have a very low coefficient of thermal conductivity), therefore, shoes made of them will not crack or change shape, and with a sharp transition to heat, the sole does not deform.
– Wear boots not with cotton, but a thermal sock, then your feet will freeze less, stay dry longer and no calluses will form.
– Lining made of natural materials – corduroy, felt, fur, felt, cotton, wool – they warm perfectly, but they rub and roll off from prolonged wear and are not as durable as synthetic ones.
– Choose boots that are 0.5-1 sizes larger so that you can wear not one, but two socks if the weather is sub-zero.
– The less the boots weigh, the better, but do not forget about the quality of materials and processing of seams.
– The boots should be free of cracks and dents, which after a while can leak water.